By Emily Crismore, sophomore
Christmas is just down the chimney! Lights are being hung and Christmas trees are going up. Decorating for the holidays is a great way to get in the mood for the holidays, but can be tricky. Whether you put up a Christmas tree or deck out your house, there is always something about the decorations that can really boost your spirits. Here are a few tips and ideas to have the ultimate holiday decorations:
- Put up decorative trees; they are a good way to add the Christmas joy to any room.
- Hang lights around your bedroom to boost your spirits!
- Light winter-scented candles to emit a holiday aura and scent.
- Gingerbread houses are fun to make and can be great decorations.
- Candy canes and assorted gumballs in jars can add color and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Mistletoe is a classic decoration that adds a pop of color and a romantic feel to any room.
Not only will decorating get you in the holiday mood, but it will also give you the opportunity to be with friends and family. “My family puts up the Christmas tree with ornaments and lights. We put up lights all around the outside of the house; we also fill the house Christmas decorations,” said junior Tyler McGlothlin, “My favorite part is spending time with my family because I enjoy getting all of my family together and bonding.”