By Kayla Ratliff, sophomore
Mr. Pope has been a student teacher at Edgewood High School since January. However, he has been involved at EHS for almost two and a half years, once every week. Pope is a part of a program called Community of Teachers (CoT) at Indiana University, which is very field based, with many opportunities for hands-on experiences.
- Mr. Pope decided that he wanted to be a teacher his senior year of high school.
- Pope graduated high school with a Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma (AHD), and will be getting a Bachelor of Science degree this upcoming May when he graduates from IU.
- In his free time, Pope likes to hang out with his friends, play video games, and watch television; his favorite movies are the first and second of The Mighty Ducks series.
- Pope hopes to continue his work as a U.S. History teacher in Indianapolis.
- Pope says his best moments in the CoT program are meeting others who want to pursue similar interests.